Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What percentage salary increase should I be looking for to take a new job in a new city 150 miles away?

Assume the cost of living is relatively the same. Cleveland to Columbus Ohio.
What percentage salary increase should I be looking for to take a new job in a new city 150 miles away?
I lived in both Cleveland and Columbus and since they are relatively the same cost of living, I didn't get any salary increase. You will only get a salary increase if you apply for jobs that pay more than what you make now or if you have skills that were not utilized in your last job that could get you a better job in the new city.





Just moving won't get you an increase. I once even looked into moving to NYC from Atlanta, the cost of living is like 70% higher, but all the jobs in NYC with my skill set only paid about 10K more a year, so COL and what your paid have nothing to do with one another.
Reply:WHY should you get an increase?


Same company, same job, different city?





check salary.com and you can see the difference in salary ranges

No comments:

Post a Comment