Friday, August 7, 2009

Lighting rendering artist? I was looking on indeed.com for jobs in the arts, and I came across a...?

lighting rendering artist. Can anyone tell me what that is?
Lighting rendering artist? I was looking on indeed.com for jobs in the arts, and I came across a...?
I assume it is a person who does all the light effects in 3D computer images/3D modeling/animation. It can be quite a job, depending on what effect is required and how many lights are involved. You have to figure out where in a 3D virtual scene you place what kind of light to achieve the best visual effect. Lights also can move, change intensity or color. If it is an animated scene there can be so many things to keep track of that I can easily image that they want one person to take charge of the lighting - just like in a real movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment