Thursday, July 16, 2009

I got my cdl class A in january and i am looking for a job that i could be home every day?

OMG!! When I read your question, I thought maybe I POSTED IT! (lol)





I am experiencing the exact same thing! I got my Class A in January, and because it's just me and my minor child, I need something where I can be home nightly. I have applied to about 20 places thus far!





Here are some suggestions:


As you ride around in your city, check out the names and locations on the doors of the commercial vehicles you see. Try the ones based/headquarted in or near your city.





Do an internet search. Type in "trucking jobs" or "Class A jobs" along with your city and state. A whole bunch of options with pop up. (I registered with one of them:


www.classAdrivers.com)





Here is a MUST TRY: Sign up to these internet job search sites and start some "job alerts". I am signed up with careerbuilders.com, monster.com, hotjobs.com, and a local newspaper's website. I get job posting to my inbox daily.





Keep up with local job fairs too.





Oh, and check local city/county governments' websites. I have applied with one city job thus far that allowed for an inexperienced driver with a Class A. (And try your state DOT website too).





Your local paper will have local jobs with local companies, of course. I go to my city's local website (as well as the others listed above) and do a "keyword search": CDL. It works.





Keep a copy of your RECENT DMV driving record (and make a bunch of copies of it). Places you apply to WILL ask for it, since you have no driving experience on your resume.





GOOD LUCK!!





LM
I got my cdl class A in january and i am looking for a job that i could be home every day?
Persistance pays off! I wish I could contact all those "nay-sayers" that said that I would not be able to get a LOCAL Class A job having no experience. WYATT TRANSFER (a LOCAL company) is giving a Sistah a shot!





LM Report Abuse

Reply:Garbage truck - other than that good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment